Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BE YOU! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND WORTHY


 My Name is Nicola and I am a 18 year old girl from the Uk with the passion and motivation to show girls that they are beautiful and worthy. I have gotten to know Proud and Pretty in Pink over the last few months and honesty they have changed the way I look at myself. I am now letting myself know that I am beautiful and capable instead of the being negative.

I felt like I was a bad person just a few days ago at college and I could not get rid of the feeling that everyone is talking about me and making me seem like a bad person for standing up for my friend. The only way that I got through the negative thoughts was by looking at my iPod case and posters that I have made about Proud and Pretty in Pink with inspirational quotes that get me through the day.

Words can hurt people but looks can also do the same, that may sound weird but it is true, they make you feel like you are nothing, but trust me YOU ARE SOMETHING and people LOVE YOU for who you are.  Please do not change who you are because you want to fit in. If you don’t fit in it's ok, make your own group and be proud that you are different.

I am so proud of the work that Proud and Pretty in Pink does as well as other organizations that help spread the message to so many girls all over the world that they are able to do anything that they put their mind to. I am truly blessed to know the work that they are doing.

Nicola Kealy
Age 18
(Twitter: @HandANeighsOTH)



No comments:

Post a Comment