Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Friend, A Photographer, An Amazing Woman

     Tonight the "Powerful in Pink" photo shoot pictures were completed and posted!  The shoot took place on May 19th in San Francisco California.  Jessica Turner, the photographer for Proud & Pretty in Pink, came through for us once again and made everything we wanted to portray come to life in pictures.  From the second I mentioned the idea of shooting super heros on roof tops in San Francisco she was all in.  She instantly had tons of ideas and we communicated for months about what we wanted to do for this specific campaign.  We all have people in our lives that lift us up.  Jessica Turner is one of those people for me.  She has been a friend for years but just recently she has joined me in business to make Proud & Pretty in Pink that much better.  Together we have taken it so much further than I had originally thought I could.  The photo shoots represent an opportunity for girls to participate in something they probably will not get to do again in their lives.  A day where it is all about them.  Hair, Make-Up, Professional Photography and direction.  The girls feel good about themselves and have fun being silly, beautiful, and interacting with other girls as well as Jessica, Chandra, and I.  The work that goes into these shoots is tremendous.  Jessica spends hours upon hours working on editing even after all the dust has settled on the day of the shoot.  We walk away feeling relieved that it worked, that the girls had a good time, and that we were able to actually pull it off.  Chandra and I sleep well that night but Jessica's work has only just begun.  The purpose of writing this entry is to give recognition to an amazing woman who means the world to me and who has helped me lock in a very important component of PPP.  Photography can capture amazing moments.  Jessica captures the girls of Proud & Pretty in Pink in times of vulnerability, beauty, confidence, and uncertainty.  She is able to direct the girls so they feel comfortable doing something most have not done before.  I pride myself on relating to the girls, on being able to educate them, and becoming someone they trust.  But Jessica gives them something that I can not.  She gives them a few hours of confidence and still images that they will be able to look at for a lifetime.  Every time they look at one of these photos they will be taken back to that day and that place when they felt important, beautiful, and feminine.  I can not thank Jessica enough for contributing to my dreams.  Proud & Pretty in Pink is so important to me and the girls I work with are even more important.  Jessica has helped me make this something bigger and for that I will forever be grateful and completely amazed by her.

Thank you Jessica Turner for being my FRIEND, our PHOTOGRAPHER, and the AMAZING WOMAN that you are.

A Picture from our first PPP event working together

I LOVE YOU!

-Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment