Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Am the 1 in 3... My Story of Rape and Why I Want to Help V-Day

Two years ago I wrote for "Writings in Pink."  I shared my story of neglect, rape and depression. Today I wanted to share it again because I am helping Proud & Pretty in Pink raise money for a movement that works to end the violence against women and girls.  A movement that can help the little girl I used to be. It's important for us to talk about this.  The more we talk, the more we shed light on a very tragic thing.  1 in 3 women will experience physical or sexual violence in their lifetime.  I am the 1 in 3.  I hope my story helps others come forward and have the strength to rise for justice.

What Proud and Pretty in Pink is doing to raise money for V-Day is amazing!  Often times people don't realize that they know someone that has been through things like this, but there are more of us out there than you think.

Many women keep it in and won't talk about it for a very long time.  I was embarrassed that I let this happen to myself and it took a lot for me to realize that it wasn't my fault and that I should share my story.  I can only hope to help raise money for a movement that helps girls and women like me.  You can read my story here: (A Life I Would Wish on no one.)  

Please donate to V-Day.  Take this opportunity that Proud & Pretty in Pink is giving in order to raise money for such a worth while cause.  They will be selling raffle tickets for great items and they are excepting donations which will all go directly to V-Day.  For every $20.00 donated you will get one raffle ticket for an iPad Mini & Case.  They are doing their best, with the help of sponsors, to raise money for the very amazing V-Day.  Read all the details here: Holiday in Pink Update: Donations and Raffles.  So please, help if you can.

Find out more on the PPP website: www.proudandprettyinpink.com and stay tuned for the awesome Holiday in Pink week happening Dec. 2nd-7th.

From me and everyone else involved in Proud & Pretty in Pink, we thank you for any amount you can give.

-Dominique Ferrell




No comments:

Post a Comment