Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sexy Costumes... Yay or Nay?

In honor of Halloween, we asked a variety of women how they feel about the "Sexy" Halloween costumes that so many girls and women wear.  Each one of them was asked if they wear or have worn sexy costumes for Halloween, why or why not and how old they are.  We want to hear from you as well!  Read through these and pick a number that you relate to most.  And leave a little extra comment with the number you choose.

http://bookrevels.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/favorite-tv-halloween-costumes/
Source

Here are the responses we received:

1.  Yes I did wear sexy costumes in college when I was single, in a sorority and had parties to go to with friends. It was more social and I did it with all my sisters. I don't now because I'm married and just don't care to dress up at all, sexy or not.. Lol. My current age is 27 and my days of dressing sexy were from 18-23.

2.  I don't ever want to dress sexy but unfortunately it's often the only convenient and available costumes out there (besides making your own).  Who has time for that!?!  I often have to do things to un-sexify them. I am 35 with children that I want to dress up with.  I use to want to dress sexy in my College days.  I think that's when they kinda first got popular.  And I indefinitely did it for the attention!

3.  I haven't ever.  It wasn't my thing. I'm 28.

4.  Yes I have. And yes I still would dress up in a sexy halloween costume. I don’t see the problem with dressing up and feeling sexy. I think women should be able to wear whatever they want without criticism. If you feel comfortable and confident with what you are wearing then what should stop you? I am a huge advocate of wearing whatever the heck you want no matter what people say/think. I have definitely taken fashion risks, especially on Halloween.  I am currently 20 years old and my days of sexy Halloween costumes are definitely not in my past. They will probably be in my future too! If it makes you feel sexy, confident, cute, beautiful, or anything positive then go for it! Who cares what anyone else thinks? LOVE YOURSELF.

5.  No I try and do org costumes.  I feel like it's nicer to be an individual than to wear a bag costume. I'm 29 years old.

6.  I do. As a teenager and young adult I think we are still very into the idea that sex sells. Not in a bad way, but in the way that it's just how our society is and we're much more prone to give into the idea of a "sexy" costume at our age. I personally don't mind doing it. I feel comfortable enough with myself and to be completely honest I know part of me is doing it for the attention. But again, I am young and I feel it is ok for now. If you were to ask me again in a few years my answer would be much different. I'm 21 years old.

7.  I haven't dressed up this year but I don't feel too comfortable being in super sexy costumes cause 1 I'm a mother.  I feel like those who know me age are like "WTF you're a mom."  I could come up with a cool costume that is unique and fun that doesn't have my ass hanging out.  I am 28 and I don't feel like my sexy days are in the past but I have never felt that I have had "sexy" Halloween days lol.

8.  Yes, when I was in college (and post-college) my girlfriends and I always did themed "group" costumes, and had fun making our "sexy and cute" versions of Disney princesses, cereal box characters, etc.  Friends and I still do our themed costumes, but have toned them down. We focus on the fun of dressing up and on making the costumes look "accurate" as opposed to sexy. As we have gotten older, we realized we get just as much attention and feel much more comfortable in costumes that are not so exposed. :)  I'm 29. I would say my last "sexy" costume was when I was 22 or 23.

9.  I haven't worn sexy Halloween outfits. I've wanted to occasionally but never felt comfortable so I never did.  I'm 24 now and I don't know if I will ever go through with wearing a sexy costume.

We'd love to hear what your take is on this Sexy Halloween Costume topic! Comment below and tell us which number you relate to most and include your own explanation if you'd like.  


No comments:

Post a Comment