Thursday, October 23, 2014

Some Genuine Self Love

I have grown to genuinely love myself. This is something I definitely could not have said just a couple of years ago. Somewhere between moving out of my parents house, beginning college, getting my first job, spending a summer in Spain, failing at some things while succeeding in others, I gained the confidence to proudly say that I love myself.

My name is Andrea Schmidt and I am 20 years old, currently in my third year at the University of California, Irvine. I am double majoring in Psychology & Social Behavior and Criminology, Law, & Society with hopes of working toward helping people who have been involved in our Criminal Justice System and are ready to better their lives.

I have been involved with Proud and Pretty in Pink since the age of 15. This means that I have been able to watch this organization grow and touch the lives of countless young women. It only speaks to the genuine care that Proud and Pretty provides that I am able to say that I’ve absolutely fallen in love with this organization and all of the women involved in it!

In these past 5 years I have cried, laughed, and shared some of my deepest thoughts with my fellow Proud and Pretty Girls. I am so excited to continue to share these special moments with old and new PPP Girls! I will be continuing to blog on Writings with Pink, helping run the Proud and Pretty in Pink Facebook Page, and assisting in a few other exciting things that PPP will be announcing soon!

Until next time,

Andrea Schmidt


Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball

Andrea Schmidt is 20 years old. She grew up in Fontana, California and lived there her entire life until she began school at the University of California, Irvine. She now lives in Newport Beach. She is currently pursing her degrees in ‘Psychology and Social Behavior’ and ‘Criminology, Law, and Society’. She has been actively involved in Proud and Pretty in Pink for five years and is currently one of the faces of this organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment