Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Weird.

Yea I’m Weird.
W-wonderful, E-xciting, I-nteresting, R-eal, D-ifferent. I am who I am. I’m weird, I’m lame, I run into things, I spill food, I trip over my own two feet and I scream and yell about random stuff. But I like it that way. Society always wants people to fit in but I know I was born to stand out. So when I get called weird I take it as a compliment because weird just means your something not everyone sees all the time and I embrace that every day of my life.

I’m Stephanie Raguse, I’m 19 years old and I’m currently working as a Special Education Teacher Aid at and elementary school and I love every minute of my job. I love knowing that I’m making a difference in a child’s life no matter how small a difference, it’s still a difference. Ever since I started as a teacher's aid, not only have I learned more about the many challenges some of these kids go through, but I get to see them overcome their struggles and prove they’ve got what it takes to succeed. It's probably the most amazing thing I’ve seen in my life. I never thought I’d fall into this line of work but I can say its matured me and I've become a better person because of it.

I’m also attending Chaffey Community College, majoring in Cinematography and Film. Another aspect of my life I never thought I’d fall into.  Proud and Pretty in Pink helped me realize what I truly love to do in life. Filming and editing had always just been a hobby for me until PPP asked me to run their YouTube page.  Getting to film and edit videos for such an inspiring organization is just an added bonus.

I’ve been a PPP Girl since 2009 and I’m happy to still be a part of it today. PPP has given me so many memories and new friends. It's taught me so much and I don’t think I’d be who I am today without it.

Until next time,
Stephanie Raguse


Stephanie Raguse is 19 years old. She lives in Fontana Ca.  She attends Chaffey Community College and is majoring in Cinema and Film.  She has been apart of Proud and Pretty in Pink since 2009 and is currently in charge of video and film as well as being one of the faces for the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment