Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Proud & Pretty in Pink: the Amy Ybarra Story"

Proud & Pretty has not only helped me love myself but it's also helped me find the courage to love everything. It has helped me to "See the World in Pink" and to have a different outlook in all aspects. Proud and Pretty is such an important part of my life because of all of the amazing things it has done for me and all of the amazing women I have met through the program. I have fallen in love with Proud and Pretty! 

I am 16 years old and a junior at Fontana High School. I am a varsity cheerleader and involved in leadership programs such as AVID, Peer Leading and Link Crew. School and cheer are my main priorities and the things I devote most of my time too. I also love to be with my family and go to church. After high school, I plan to attend a 4 year university and study Sociology, Global Studies and Human Behavior. 

I have been with Proud and Pretty since my first workshop, my sophomore year and I plan to stay with the program as long as possible. I am a "Face of PPP" and help run the Proud & Pretty Instagram. For the longest time, I have struggled with, not self-love but loving others. I've never been the type to genuinely love and appreciate things and I found it hard to find beauty in things that weren't so beautiful. Proud and Pretty has helped me love and respect every woman! It has helped me to see that every woman is beautiful in her own way. I have learned to radiate love and appreciation for all of the women in my life and I am forever thankful to Proud and Pretty for that! 

Until next time,
Amy Ybarra 





Amy Ybarra is 16 years old.  She is a high school cheerleader and also involved in many other clubs.  She is outgoing and has big hopes for college and her future.  She is the youngest of the Faces of PPP and offers great insight into high school girls in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment