Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Brandee Barbee

My name is Brandee Barbee, I’m 19 years old and I’m in my third year of college at Cal State Fullerton. I’m majoring in Kinesiology, which is the study of human movement, and I plan on becoming Strength and Conditioning Coach, an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist. My dream job is to work with Olympic athletes to help them reach their full athletic potential so that they can achieve their goals. My favorite color is blue, I love all things that have to do with food and the only other thing I love more than food is photography!

I’ve been involved with Proud and Pretty in Pink for 5 years and I truly love it. I attended my first PPP workshop when I was 14-years-old and at that time on the outside people thought I was this outgoing and confident girl, but on the inside I was the complete opposite. I wanted people to like me so I was whoever they wanted me to be. Over the years I’ve learned to love myself more with the help from PPP. I’m going to be honest and say that I still have some work to due, but I’ve come a long way. I love who I am... smart, black, outgoing, caring, loyal, and sensitive. I still want people to like me, the only difference is I want them to like me for me. I’m not going to change for anyone because I don’t need to.

The late and great Maya Angelou said, “I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that’s me.” I’m embracing the phenomenal woman in myself and I’m honored to be involved with an incredible organization that is helping other girls see the phenomenal woman in themselves.

As Tigger would say, “Ta Ta For Now”,


Brandee B.

Brandee Barbee is 19 years old and has lived in the Fontana/Rialto area her entire life.  She currently attends California State University, Fullerton as a Kinesiology major.  She is a cheerleading coach and also works at Fontana High School as an AVID tutor.  Brandee is now one of the Faces of PPP and has been involved with the organization since 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment